PEAKY Blinders has been thrilling viewers since it first aired back in 2013 and is now returning for its final series.
With its tale of murder, mayhem and corruption it's no wonder fans are addicted.
10 of the best Peaky Blinders Quotes of all time
Peaky Blinders is one of those shows that delivers some incredible dialogue.
Mixed in with the Brummie accent, the charcters have brought us some very memeorable quotes.
We've handpicked some of the best from the past five series'.
Super fans, see if you can remember these quotes…
- Polly Gray: "Don’t **** with the Peaky Blinders."
- Tommy Shelby: "I don't pay for suits. My suits are on the house or the house burns down."
- Polly Gray: "When you’re dead already, you’re free."
- Alfie Solomons: "Intelligence is a very valuable thing, innit, my friend? And usually it comes far too ******* late."
- Tommy Shelby: "Everyone’s a whore, Grace. We just sell different parts of ourselves."
- Grace Burgess "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you’re dead."
- Polly Gray: "Sometimes the women have to take over. Like in the war."
- Arthur Shelby: "Who wants to be in heaven, eh? Who wants to be in heaven when you can be sending men to ******* hell?"
- Alfie Solomons: "He’ll wake up. Granted he won’t have any teeth left but he will be a wiser man for it."
- Tommy Shelby: "Whisky’s good proofing water. Tells you who’s real and who isn’t."
more on peaky blinders
Peaky Blinders ISN'T filmed in Birmingham – here's where it's really shot
Here's when you can catch Peaky Blinders season six on Netflix
Inside the blood-drenched REAL Peaky Blinders who make BBC show look tame
Peaky Blinders series six cast – from Cillian Murphy to Sophie Rundle
Was Peaky Blinders a true story?
The show's gangsters were based on an urban youth gang in the West Midland city in the late 19th century.
None of the names of people previously reported to have been in the real Peaky Blinders' heyday have Shelby as a surname.
Cillian Murphy's character Thomas Shelby may have been a work of fiction, but the real gang’s antics were just as dramatic, violent and dark as the show makes out.
And Billy Kimber, a character in the show's first season, was the name of an actual gangster from Birmingham.
Professor Carl Chinn, a Birmingham-based historian who began researching these infamous Brummie gangs back in the 1980s and has written a book called The Real Peaky Blinders, is pleased the programme has brought his beloved hometown into the spotlight.
He said: “It’s really interesting to look back at the mythologized version of the story and the reality.
“There was no real Tommy Shelby and the Peaky Blinders were around in the 1890s and yet the series is set in the 1920s."
What is the theme tune for Peaky Blinders?
Red Right Hand was originally penned and performed by Australian rockers Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
Although it seems a perfect fit for the gloomy BBC series, it was actually written in 1994.
Co-writer Mick Harvey said: "It’s a song that has fairly humble beginnings.
"Much of it came from a jam we were working on when we writing songs for our album Let Love In."
He added that he had to plead with Nick to write lyrics to go with the song, and the results left him seriously creeped out.
The song is about a man who is part demon part God who stalks the land scaring and impressing wherever he goes, but no one knows who the idea is based on – although the description sort of fits with Peaky leader Tommy Shelby.
When is Peaky Blinders season 6 on TV?
Peaky Blinders season 6 will air from Sunday, February 27, 2022 on BBC One.
The final series will have six episodes which will air every Sunday.
Once the series has aired on the BBC, they will be available on Netflix.
Source: Read Full Article