I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! bosses are preparing to cancel the upcoming series and reschedule to next year due to fears there could be another full lockdown in the UK, according to reports.
Due to Covid restrictions in Australia, the 2020 instalment of the hit reality series is set to be filmed in North Wales in the coming weeks.
It is believed the contestants will be based in the eerie ruins of Gwrych Castle near the picturesque town of Abergele.
Now it is claimed ITV producers are concerned if cases continue to rise in the UK stricter covid rules could be introduced – resulting in a ban on filming.
A source said: "It has been a huge concern to the casting team as well as producers.
"The possibility of postponing the series and rescheduling to early next year was given due consideration.
"But rescheduling isn’t a viable option as the casting involves set dates in contracts for talent."
They told the Sunday People: "A contingency plan is being put into place but it’s unlikely they will be able to postpone to 2021.
"In the worst-case scenario this year’s series will have to be cancelled."
I'm A Celeb in chaos as Gwrych Castle set floods after torrential rain downpour
ITV has been contacted by Daily Star Online for comment about the claims filming could be shelved.
Last month the show was in crisis after Wales introduce new lockdown measures that will prohibit 'bubbles' and group gatherings.
The new rules stipulate for Conwy "people will no longer be able to form, or be in, an extended household (sometimes called a bubble)".
Issues for executives will not end there, as meeting indoors can only happen with "good reason" for instance "providing care to a vulnerable person".
I'm A Celeb's Iain Lee admits to relapsing after two and a half years without drugs
With strict sanctions now in place, if the show were to go ahead celebrities would have no choice but to retreat outside in the wet and wild British weather.
Ant and Dec would have to maintain a safe distance and not to mingle with stars of the show plus the crew
Another workaround is the fact the production team will now suffer great difficulty trying to return home to loved ones as another rule came into play to prevent people flowing freely.
his would mean that even if they were to make a break and return to their families, they wouldn't be allowed to return to get the reality show off of the ground.
The government website read: "People will not be allowed to enter or leave the Conwy County Borough area without a reasonable excuse."
It may even be too late for ITV chiefs to claw it back after they had spent more than £1million to hire Gwyrch Castle when the coronavirus pandemic hit.
Source: Read Full Article