The movie starring the late Chadwick Boseman takes home the Best Film and Best Ensemble while helping the helmer Spike Lee to earn his Best Director title.
AceShowbiz –Spike Lee‘s “Da 5 Bloods” has been named the best film of 2020 by members of the National Board of Review.
The Netflix drama has also landed Lee the Best Director honour and the film has also won Best Ensemble while the late Chadwick Boseman, one of the film’s stars, has been posthumously honoured with the NBR Icon Award.
- ‘Never Rarely Sometimes Always’ and ‘Nomadland’ Lead Nominations at 2021 Independent Spirit Awards
- GG Townson Convinced She Lost ‘Salt-N-Pepa’ Role After Epic Rap Fail During Audition
- John Boyega Describes Big Movie Franchise as ‘Luxury Jail’
- Josh Gad Assures Fans ‘Hunchback of Notre Dame’ Movie Is ‘Getting Closer’
Meanwhile, Riz Ahmed continues his bid as an Oscars frontrunner, picking up Best Actor for “Sound of Metal” and Carey Mulligan has been named Best Actress for her role in “Promising Young Woman“.
Ahmed’s co-star Paul Raci has also been honoured with the Best Supporting Actor prize.
The full list of NBR winners is:
- Best Film: “Da 5 Bloods“
- Best Director: Spike Lee – “Da 5 Bloods”
- Best Actor: Riz Ahmed – “Sound of Metal“
- Best Actress: Carey Mulligan – “Promising Young Woman“
- Best Supporting Actor: Paul Raci – “Sound of Metal“
- Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung – “Minari“
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Paul Greengrass & Luke Davies – “News of the World“
- Best Original Screenplay: Lee Isaac Chung – “Minari“
- Breakthrough Performance: Sidney Flanigan – “Never Rarely Sometimes Always“
- Best Directorial Debut: Channing Godfrey Peoples – “Miss Juneteenth“
- Best Animated Feature: “Soul“
- Best Foreign Language Film: “La Llorona“
- Best Documentary: “Time“
- NBR Icon Award: Chadwick Boseman
- NBR Freedom of Expression Award: “One Night in Miami“
- NBR Spotlight Award: Radha Blank for writing, directing, producing, and starring in “The Forty-Year-Old Version“
- Best Ensemble: “Da 5 Bloods“
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography: Joshua James Richards – “Nomadland“
Source: Read Full Article