On the December 3, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what may be the single biggest piece of movie news this year.
Opening Banter: Is this the biggest film industry story of the decade?
In The News:
- Ben: Whoa: Warner Bros. to Premiere Its Entire 2021 Slate On HBO Max and In Theaters
- Ben: What films does this include?
- Ben: What are the terms of the exclusivity window for HBO Max?
- Is there the possibility WB changes their mind mid year?
- Are movie theaters dead?
- Will they be able to put the genie back in the bottle for 2022?
- Will other studios follow? (Disney investors meeting next week)
- What does this mean for Christopher Nolan’s relationship with WB?
- What could this mean for backend box office deals? Streaming caused tv writers to go on strike to demand a fair stake, so could that happen again?
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Read Full Article